Dear Travel Friends,
Our company was formed in 1985 specifically to offer tours to the Soviet Union, and to see the face of the (then) “enemy”. Through the years we offered many trips to Russia, Ukraine, Central Asia, and even the Trans-Siberian train to the Far East on our memorable Around the World trip.
More recently, as the Muslim world became the new “face of the enemy”, we have focused more closely on the Arab countries and Iran, to see far beyond the picture presented by the media. Our recent travelers there encouraged me to again offer Russia.
We have lengthened the time we usually spend in Moscow, Suzdal and St. Petersburg to take in many of the best-known treasures. I have added some lessor known treasures such as the Romanov Chamber and the Usipov Palace. We’ll get out to the countryside with a three-day excursion to the historical towns of Vladimir and Suzdal in the Golden Ring, with Catherine the Great’s Summer Palace and Paul’s lovely estate, greatly damaged in World War II but lovingly restored. Yes, of course the Hermitage and Kremlin Armory as well as the Tretyakov Gallery are included too. We’ll also meet artists and craftsmen at the village of Fedoskino and in a home studio of a famous Moscow artist.
Then see even more of St. Petersburg by extending your stay for three days where our guide is on hand to enhance your experience. Or, better yet, begin with our Baltics Capitals adventure, September 16 - 28, 2017. See page 6 of the brochure for more details and request a full brochure for that tour.
If Russia has been on your list to visit, don’t miss this special trip where you will be treated as VIPs. And if it has been awhile since you have seen Russia, take this opportunity to see it again, in all her splendor.
President, Travel Concepts International
- Fly roundtrip from New York via Finnair
- Travel in comfort and security with our favorite guide, Ludmila
- Stand in Moscow’s Red Square in the shadow of St. Basil’s Cathedral
- Venture inside the walls of the formidable Kremlin and delight in the treasures of the Armory
- Explore ancient Golden Ring towns of Vladimir and Suzdal and see a folk performance
- Stop by Fedoskino where craftspeople create exquisite Russian lacquered miniatures and boxes
- Experience Russian hospitality as you are greeted by famous artists in their home-studio
- Travel by Sapsan, the Peregrine Falcon (fast train) to St. Petersburg
- Visit the Hermitage, one of the world’s great museums, housed in a palace
- Take an excursion into the Russian countryside to Tsarskoe Selo (Pushkin)
- Stroll the fashionable Nevsky Prospekt, marveling at the grand neo-classical architecture
- Prepare yourself mentally with pre-trip study material